13.11.09

Booked!

DSC_1470-1 (Medium)

My dad booked the air tickets to China. Guess how long will I be going there?

45 days.

Yeah, one and a half month. 21st May to 4th of July 2010! I’m so excited.

Well this depends on whether am I successful in applying into PMC or not, of which I’ll have a long, long holiday.

The plan proposed by my father is as this (simplified): we’ll arrive at Tian Jin, and travel to Beijing. After a few days, we’ll start out expedition to the west. We’ll travel by public transport to many locations at the northern region of China, and will go to Tibet. Then we’ll take a turn and go to Chen Du and its nearby attractions, Jiu Zhai Gou being one of them.

I really look forward for this trip. But wait, I need to get my gears ready! I wish to work, for 4 to 5 months to earn money for lenses. Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, and a used Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8. Not forgetting a sturdy tripod and a larger camera bag too. Darn, these equipments are the sine qua non for photographing this expedition.

But the price of them! It scares people away, literally. The price of the 2 lenses (1 used, mind you) is around double the price of my D90 kit (8,000 bucks). A sturdy tripod should cost me around 1k. Ok maybe I don’t need a really sturdy one since I’m not into photographing landscape (need to travel a lot), so a 500 bucks one should suffice.

But still, how on Earth am I going to earn 9k in 4-5 months?

Let’s see.

No comments:

Post a Comment