11.1.09

Philosophy and Logic... What the Hell are They?

Finally I feel that my brain has been put into good use.

Today has been an interesting day. No I did not participate in any sex-party or night club. I stayed at home for the whole day, thinking about questions of science, philosophy and logic. And that's what I mean "good use".

It started off when Peter referred back to my question: Do colours exist? (Will post it on my wordpress blog next week, behold) We talked about the science of electromagnetic waves, our brain, then used analogies like language and alphabets, discussed about the nature of words, and took sound into account, about its pitch, timbre and all, then strayed into the field of philosophy while defining the term "existence", also taking in the number "zero" and the word "nothing". Fun, yes?

We continued to talk about the definition of "knowledge", the topic that he discussed with Ian days before, and went back to language, which has shown much limitations, and talked about logic- the paradoxes like the dichotomy paradox:
"The paradoxical conclusion then would be that travel over any finite distance can neither be completed nor begun, and so all motion must be an illusion."
Interesting, mmm. I love to think. Don't let your brains rot- start to think NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment