8.2.09

Leica Cameras

I just love these good old-looking cameras. I realized that sometimes I like old designs more than new ones. Cameras, in this case.

Look at these Leicas. The very word "Leica" already heightens my senses to a significant degree. These are the world's top cameras, mind you (set aside those medium and large format cameras- their image quality is unbeatable but not in terms of versatility). And the cameras' designs are superlatively sexy.

So look at these old, sexy cameras- I love it.

Let's start from the modern-designed cameras: Leica C-Lux 2 compact camera

Leica C-Lux 3

Getting old: Leica D-Lux 3 compact prosumer camera

Leica D-Lux 4

A more sophisticated compact prosumer: Leica V-Lux 1

Moving to the professional range: Leica R9 (film) Single Lens Reflex

Modern technology in an old design: Leica Digilux 3 Digital Single Lens Reflex

Going into the legend: Leica M7 (film) Rangefinder

Leica M8 (digital)

Leica M8.2

Leica MP

And behold, the newest, most powerful Leica: Leica S2 (37.5 megapixels with a sensor 56% larger than normal 35mm "full frame" sensors)


Most beautiful, man.


P.S: All these cameras are currently for sale. The Leica S2 is selling at a price tag of 20,000 Euro. Go get one.

P.P.S: After some thoughts, I'm starting to use Flickr. I just downloaded the Flickr Uploadr into my computer and will upload my works there, so do visit (click here) and leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment