2.1.09

Image Processing (Photoshopping)

Have you ever discarded any person that photoshops his photos to make them look good? Actually, it isn't a big deal, seriously. Here's the answer so that you won't disregard or scorn photos that have been photoshopped. (I seldom photoshop my photos. That's partially because I'm lazy and the main reason is because I don't have Photoshop. Instead, I'm using Picasa now and hoping that one day someone will lend me his Photoshop.)

Here's some photos that I took during my visit to Twelve Apostles. In these photos, I have extensively photoshopped them for its effects. (Note that these pictures are for the effects only and they don't look natural. To make photos look natural I only tune it slightly.) Enlarge and view it to see greater difference.

Original photo:
Photoshopped version:
In this photo I've increased its contrast extensively so that the colour stands out bright but not too striking. I also added the "glow" effect to make it looks a little misty and fairytale-ish.
Original photo:
Photoshopped version:
I've also increased its contrast in this photo and added the "glow" effect. This picture is brighter than the previous image and it gives a different (but still dreamy) feeling.
Original photo:
Photoshopped version:
In this photo I've increased the contrast to maximum (in acceptable range). The colour is very striking and artificial. There's no glow here and I've sharped the image repeatedly to create a grainy feeling (I prefer to sharpen it rather than just using the "grain" effect). In full magnification this image looks much like a poster coloured picture.

In this black and white photo the contrast was set to near maximum (in acceptable range). Black and white photos are great in showing contrasts and I made the shadow even stronger and increased the highlight. It has almost the same contrast as the image above but the black and white feeling is totally different.


The advantage of digital photography.


P.S: I won't post original sized photos here because everyone knows that screamyx sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment