15.4.08

Rachmaninov's Prelude Op.3 No.2

Since last 2 weeks I've been learning Rachmaninov's Prelude Op.3 No.2. It's explosive, it's hard, and it's great.

The whole piece is composed almost entirely on chords, which gives out the astonishing effect. A 'trademark' of Rachmaninov's works, the chords are large and consist of many notes. This piece can really sweep my senses all over. A stupendous work indeed.

I'm currently working on the Triplets' part, where in the middle section I can't really bring out the melody in ease. And then the descending part- I feel that my beat is not precise enough, sometimes I play both hands together while I should not. The climax there I still need some time to play the chords faster and smoother.

Still way lot to go and polish.

Anyway, here's the video of Ruslan Sviridov playing this Rachmaninov Prelude.

2 comments:

  1. What an inspiring performance!!! Thank you for posting this video. I went on YouTube and found more of Sviridov's videos. I have never heard about this pianist before, but thank you for bringing his name to everyone's attention.

    Good luck with this prelude. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most welcome!
    Thanks! Just finish learning it, and now polishing ;)

    ReplyDelete